The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Monday, April 03, 2006

Last week I was sitting in the truck waiting for my Dad to rent a tile saw at Home Depot.
While I waited I was reading my Bible, with the window rolled partially down. As I read I noticed a man walk by right next to the truck, stop, turn around, come back to my window and lean up against the truck looking down at me. I looked up wondering what kind of looney had just come up, and if I should ignore him or what... He asked, "What's the Word say? What's the good Word say." I wasn't sure if I knew exactly what he was asking, but I replied, "It says that Jesus came to earth and died for our sins so that we could have eternal life". He nodded, and asked, "But what's it say? What does it say today? What are you reading?" So I told him I was reading Proverbs, still wondering what this guy was all about. "What's it say?" He persisted. "Tell me something from the Word this morning!" I glanced down and read him one of the verses I had just read a minute earlier. "There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches." (Proverbs 13:7). He listened very attentively until I looked up again. "There's a lot to be said in those words isn't there!" He said, "You love the Lord don't you!" I said, "Oh yeah!" "You don't see young people sitting reading their Bibles very often. You have made my day! God bless you! Thank you, and keep it up!" He walked away with a smile on his face and I continued reading after thanking the Lord for the unusual encounter.
I was encouraged and blessed. I never would have guessed that my light was still shining while I sat in a vehicle all by myself waiting for somebody. It was an important reminder for me to be faithful in little things! God is always watching, but you never know when somebody else might be!
Here's a few pictures for you all from last week.




Visiting with friends after a long day of skiing



Kaylee Striking a Pose for Chris



Heidi Loves the Camera!



The Whole Family + 1!