The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"It's raining, it's pouring..." It's been raining all day long! I love the rain!

This morning started out slowly for us. There's so much to do before Friday that we're kind of lost when it comes to deciding what to do next.

Willie and Justin headed to church to work on the shower we're installing in our "new house". It wasn't long before Justin had to go to an emergency electrical job with Dad and Chris, leaving Willie all by himself. I got a call from Willie. He wanted to know if I had the key to the room with the shower, it was in my backpack! Oops!

Mom was heading in that direction so we decided to only take one car over the hill and she would drop me off with the key to help Willie while she ran some errands.

We finished up the 2nd coat of mud pretty quickly and had nothing else to do so we (Willie, and the mouse in his pocket ;-)) decided to start walking home thinking that Mom could pick us up when she passed us on the way. (He called Mom and told her this, and she suggested we bring an umbrella since it was raining, but the only one available was a red lady bug umbrella with antenas!)

We started off without the umbrella and thought nothing of it walking in the light drizzle for the first couple of minutes. All of the sudden it began to rain harder, and harder and harder... We ran until we found the only tree within sight that looked like it might provide some shelter but it was a poor shelter to say the least, and the rain didn't let up for a second!

Willie called Mom on the cell phone to find out where she was as I attempted to keep a little plastic bag over our heads, (really fruitless!)

We ended up making a dash for a tunnel that ran under the road, where we waited for Mom to get to a nearby park. Unfortunately we got all muddy and completely drenched, but it was so fun, and I totally recommend doing it if you get a chance to. :-) It was a walk I'll never forget!



I have to say a special HUGE thanks to Jack for helping me set up this blog! Jack, I would make a new blog everyday if you would help me like you did the past two nights! Love you buddy!