The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Monday, April 17, 2006


It took me almost 40 minutes to get connected to the internet here at the office! I intended to come and update my blog and work on getting caught up with everyone elses this morning while Willie loaded up his gardening equipment, but a phone call from Dad changed those plans. Instead we headed to Home Depot where we met him, and he was going to give us tools and instructions to go and fix a mistake we made on a horrible painting job last week... I didn't ever ever ever want to go back to that house!!! So when Dad called me this morning and said he needed me to I felt like crying. (yeah, I'm a whimp). As soon as I started driving I was convicted of my bad attitude and wrong response so I apologized to Willie for being a bad example to him. And thanked the Lord for His plan. I felt so free inside and I was actually happy to be going to do what Dad needed me to do! We found Dad in the parking lot, on the cell phone. I was just in time to hear him saying, "Oh, the cabinet finisher will do it for x$'s? Great! If that's what you want we'll be happy to let him do it, and we'll pay half!" He looked into our window and said, "Never mind guys, you can go..."
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! (I can't tell you how relieved I was/am!) I don't think it would have felt so sweet if I hadn't already yielded my time and will to the Lord, trusting that He was in control of every detail!

Last Monday we went to the C's house. I wrote about them on my xanga before. For an incredible, unbelievable update click here

We're now officially moved into our house. I'm glad it's over and done with for at least 1 year! I wanted to post some pictures, but after what happened to the C's I don't think I will... You'll have to email me to see, or better yet, you'll have to come stop by! We've already had lots of company!

Well, I have a ton of things to blog about, but I don't want to make this post too long. I guess I'll post some pictures and let you guess the rest. ;-)

I've actually written several blog updates but never had a chance to post them...


Mr. & Mrs. Peterson were down from WA this week. We enjoyed seeing them 3 times during their short visit. This picture is taken in our new backyard! ;-)


Mr. P playing with Joanna and Alyssa


Mrs. Peterson, listening to the rejection hotline! LOL!!!

Our car lot... How did we ever fit in our little cul-de-sac?

Sunday's brunch! We enjoyed having Grandpa and Grandma, Uncle Rick, Uncle Mike and family, The M-V's, the Huangs, and Alice... Did I forget anyone?

Working hard...? Um, this picture is for Abby. We were having too much fun!

These girls felt left out of the above picture, so they found their own style...

One of the two trailers we used to move everything!


Some people know how to make it tough to stay away from sugar for a year...


Heidi hasn't been feeling so great lately.


A sad farewell to skiing