The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

God Is SOOOO Good!



On Sunday Dad shared about the second fruit of the spirit. Something that God commands us to have. Such a cruel command, huh? Not really! I mean, who wouldn't want to rejoice always? Dad pointed out how we can only have joy if we believe the promise in Romans 8:28. A lack of joy is a warning indication of little or no faith... A time to ask, do I really believe God?

It was exactly what I needed to hear. God knew that too! "Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief!"



A couple of days ago Mom was going to take my Jeep to the office, but she came back into the house a minute later saying, "Mandy, your radio is gone and I think you better come and look."

Dad and I went to have a look and we discovered the glove compartment was opened and Willie's check book that he left in there for some unknown reason was . . . sitting on the passenger seat!! The front of the dash had been gently pried away, and the radio cover plate was not there, but Dad saw it on the floor, and put it back on with no problem, he was also able to push the front of the dash back in too! We'd been told that it wasn't unusual for people to break windows to steal stuff from cars in this neighborhood, (And the broken glass in the streets around here confirmed that claim), so I was immediately very grateful that whoever it was didn't need to break any windows! One of my doors was left unlocked.

Basically it was just another way that the Lord was proving to me that He has everything under control. Whoever had broken into my car decided not to take anything, and even left me with a gift... a blue cigarette lighter that was sitting on my seat!

EDIT: This afternoon I discovered that they took my Christian CD's, broke my light, (which is a clue that they did it at night), and they left me a black cigarette lighter too! I'm thinking about listing them on ebay if anyone is interested! JK!

A special thank you to everyone who helped to make my birthday so special! I feel so blessed!

Heidi and I shared a dessert since our family has 4 birthdays and an anniversary within 8 days of eachother!

Note the hand over Kaylee's mouth! (Not mine!) Most of the candles were already blown out for me and Heidi! Actually Heidi didn't quite catch on with the blowing, she kept saying, "pwff" under her breath! lol!

Look at Heidi's face! What was she thinking? Kaylee has eyes only for the cake! My family is so precious!!!