The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The "I" Survey

Dad and Mom are at the hospital with Pastor Sam this evening. They are operating on him to install a pace-maker. He has been doing much better since Sunday and the Dr. assured Dad that nobody has had any problems from having a pace-maker put in, ever.

I got this in my email, and instead of forwarding it and risking sending it to somebody who didn't want it I got this brilliant idea, "Why not post it on my blog and people can just copy it and post their own answers and email them to me?"

So, if you feel so inclined, it would be fun reading your answers.

I: am only replying to this because my oldest sister did and I really admire her.
I Live: at home with 15 of my favorite people in the world!
I Work: with my Dad and brothers remodling kitchens, or at home keeping house.
I Talk: more than I should probably.
I Wish: I could travel more, but I'm content to stay home because I know that's where God wants me.
I Enjoy: lots of things like sunshine, a nice breeze, extreme sports, doing laundry and dishes, cooking, singing, having company, driving, camping, the beach, the beautiful scenery God has created...
I Look: like me.
I Find: lots of things to do to keep me busy.
I Made: myself eat a big fish eyeball, and a huge serving of brussell sprouts, and I'm still alive to tell about it. ;-)
I Smell: fresh cut grass and laundry soap.
I Listen: to cars driving by and I imagine that what I'm hearing is actually the ocean.
I Hide: dirty clothes in the laundry closets.
I Pray: when I have someone on my heart.
I Walk: kind of fast usually.
I Write: a lot in my journal, and I wonder if I'll ever let anybody read all that I've written.
I See: darkly as through a glass... but someday I'll see my Redeemer face to face!
I Sing: when a song is in my heart. I sing a lot.
I Laugh: when my siblings do the cutest or silliest things.
I Can: do anything through Christ who strengthens me.
I Watch: crime happen in my neighborhood, and it's rather interesting to see.
I Learn: as much as I can from those who I admire.
I Dream: of being able to do back flips and back handsprings someday, but I never have the nerve to try them.
I remember: being scared of bears.
I Want: to serve the Lord every moment of every day!
I Cry: when I'm over-over-over-over tired, maybe once every 3 months. (A nap alway cures me).
I Burned: up our last oven cooking cinnamon rolls at 2am.
I Read: the Bible, email and blogs, and occasional books, but I try to keep them to a minimum...
I Love: knowing God! (Amen!)
I Sometimes: have to go out and run around to burn off extra energy, but not very often anymore.
I Touch: hot things in the kitchen and remember them for weeks.
I Hurt: other people's feelings more often than I realize, and that hurts just to think about.
I Fear: doing something stupid that might hurt other people.
I Hope: to see revival in America in my lifetime (Amen!)
I Break: open my skin on every kitchen remodel I've helped with so far.
I Eat: good food just about every ol' day of the week!
I Quit: the last game of volleyball I played...
I Drink: water every single day! ;)
I Save: almost all of my emails
I Hug: 50# bags of wheat when I carry them.
I Meditate: on Scripture sometimes, when I feel really motivated (ditto)
I Play: less and less often, it's terrible!
I Miss: playing more often. jk!
I miss all the neat people we met all across the country.
I Hold: the position of chief cook and bottle washer at home.
I Forgive: as God gives me grace.
I Drive: as often as I get a chance.
I Have: a purple Nalgene bottle and a top bunk in our bedroom
I Don't: like being inside all day long.
I Kiss: my little brothers and sisters.
I Believe: I know where I'm going when I die, and it's a wonderful place!
I Feel: really happy right now, sitting outside with my laptop, listening tothe kids practicing music inside.
I Know: that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.
I Wonder: what's going to change with our family in a years worth of time because life is sure sweet the way it is now.