The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Monday, August 07, 2006

Music Camp... 1


We just got back from the Booher family music camp where we had an awesome time! I was so blessed by the fellowship with other families there! It was great!!!

It was neat to see the way the instructors who didn't know the Lord couldn't help but see Christ's light shining... One of the teachers said to me, "I like the way everyone here deflects praise, that's really neat." They all seemed to believe that this was the best camp they'd ever been a part of!

My first performance with a fiddle ended on a memorable note. It was band scramble night. The night when they take all the students in the whole camp and assign them to different groups to be led by the teachers. My group was going to be performing Pecos Bill, and I was getting more nervous and embarrassed as the time drew nearer for the performance. I spent the time doing dishes instead of practicing, and the girl I was working with began to sing hymns with me. The first one we sang was, "It will be worth it all when we see Jesus, Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ..." At that point I heard the Lord asking me if I really believed what I was singing and I had no reason not to! So from then on I was totally at peace and happy!

Sure enough, our performance was lousy but I enjoyed it anyways. At the end we were going to throw candy out to the audience and I ended up throwing my bow accidentally...

I saw it fly up, hit a microphone stand and bounce off to land right in front of the kids sitting in front.

So yeah, that was my first attempt at playing the fiddle in front of a real audience.

But hey, "it will be worth it all..." Right?