The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Friday, June 02, 2006

Randomness = Blogging


Last week I called to volunteer to be a poll worker, as I had done in the past a few times, I was shocked when the lady asked me if I'd be willing to be an inspector this time instead of a clerk. That means I would be in charge of picking up all the polling supplies, counting the ballots before hand, calling all the clerks to make sure they will show up, telling everyone what to do and how to do it if they don't already know... Etc, plus I have to inspect all the materials that I picked up, make sure all the numbers line up, and drop off all the ballots at the Sheriff station at the end of the day. (It's a 15 hour day). I'm still not sure why I said yes. :-( It should be interesting!

I just came back from inspecting my supplies and here's what I got for it... (Mrs. M-V, you might not want to look!) Dad said I should get a purple heart award for being injured in the line of duty.



If you've never worked in a poll before you should do it. It's rather entertaining.

Yesterday we went to the beach. The weather was so beautiful and the water was surprisingly warm! I wasn't planning to get wet but I did while playing keep away... but right before I did, a lady was walking past us as we played and got her feet wet from a wave, as the water hit her she gasped and said, "Brrr", while looking at us. We grinned and continued on our game, when we got surprised by the next wave we were shocked because the water was so warm!!! Next thing I knew I was on my way out to surf for the first time in almost two years! It was very fun even if there weren't any real waves!

Willie tried challenging us to a contest to see who could ride the worst wave. I think Darrell and I won by a long shot!


Now you can be the judge, is that a wave or a wake? LOL!


Here's a picture of Annie showing us how it's supposed to be done.

The other night we went to an open house for a guy named Ken Masse. He's a serious Christian with a huge vision for LA county. He's running for Sheriff against a very corrupt guy who has been the Sheriff for the past 7 years I believe. It was really interesting talking with him. He seems to have a heart for sharing the gospel more than anything else. It would be amazing if he wins. In fact I think it would be a miracle! But after living in this neighborhood awhile, and having to call 911 four times in the last 3 weeks, (And not being very satisfied with the results), we were ready with lots of questions for a guy who wants to run for Sheriff.

Uh oh! I had a bunch of pictures ready to post but none of them will upload for some reason. I guess it's time for me to get to bed anyways. So goodnight for now!