The Life of Gabe and Mandy

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night..." Psalm 92:1-2

Monday, December 18, 2006

A belated birthday post +

December is a month of birthdays for us. Joanna is now 13, Alyssa is 11, and Trevor is 9! I remember the day each one of them were born. What an exciting time it was for us kids the day another sibling was born!!! The amazing thing is that it only got better!

Joanna has been maturing into such a fun young lady. She shocked me when she volunteered to take over the job of running all of the laundry for our family a couple of months ago. She's taken the responsibility very seriously and is doing a fair job of it! (Thanks Joanna, way to go girl!!!)





Alyssa is a treasure! She has such a creative way of making us laugh... I love sharing a room with 8 other girls who are my best friends! Alyssa blessed me just the other day when she spent the entire day in the kitchen with me baking and cleaning up the mess. It was a long day, but having her company,(Not to mention her help!), made it easy and fun!





Trevor will always have a special place in our hearts as our youngest brother for the past 9 years! Today he proved to me that he's starting to become a little man as he helped me cut down a huge juniper bush. It was a messy, prickly, hard job, but he stuck to it and kept working even when I stepped inside to make lunch! (Go buddy go!)


A late Happy birthday to all three of you!

I love each one of my brothers and sisters so much! God is so good to bless me with their love and friendship. I can't imagine life without any one of them.



Thank you all for your prayers for our friends. God is working in some special ways in both cases that I mentioned. Mrs. Lynch is actually able to be up, as long as she doesn't do anything strenuous. Our friend's Mom who had brain cancer is now enjoying the comforts of her own home and the company of her family and friends in Missouri.


We sure enjoyed spending two days with Danielle and Mandy while they were out here!

This year I've been able to fulfill some of my life long dreams! Some of them I was afraid I'd never learn or do!

1.) I've become more familiar and competant driving a manual transmission.
2.) I bought my first car! (And then my second car!) :D
3.) I learned to do a back flip!!! (Thanks Mandy and Danielle!)
4.) I blew my first bubble with gum! ;) Yay! (Merrie, you're a great teacher... if only you knew how many people had tried to teach me before...) lol!
5.) I ran a 5k race
6.) I began learning to play the fiddle!
7.) I got a real cell phone... lol
8.) We did some traveling!
9.) I started to learn how to ski
8.) I "learned" how to snowboard! Haha!
9.) I hiked to the top of Half Dome without stopping to rest a million times! ;)
10.) We got a family website. :D
11.) Our family did a concert!
12.) I learned how to shoot!

It sure has been fun!...

"The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. " ~ Psalm 145:15-16